Re: [IPr] new thought

On 18 Jul 00, at 21:27, Jim & Cheryl wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>   While it's quiet out there, I' d like to pose a new question. When you
> were first diagnosed, what were your thoughts?  Mine focused on the very
> real possiblilty of not living as long or as well as I might have
> without DM. It made me face my own mortality, and I went through a
> grieving process for my future! But once I got through that, I felt, and
> still feel, a great peace, by accepting what might be.  How about you?
> Cheryl

Mine was a "bonding" experience.  My father had diabetes and I
felt a new closeness, which was very unusual for a 15 year old. ;>)
Other thoughts were of resignation, some envy of my brothers not
having to deal with it,  and 'spiritual' feelings of having "my cross to
bear".  I've since come to recognize that its just a part of my life,
sometimes problemsome, sometimes rewarding.  It just is.