[IPr] new thought

Hello everyone,
  While it's quiet out there, I' d like to pose a new question. When you
were first diagnosed, what were your thoughts?  Mine focused on the very
real possiblilty of not living as long or as well as I might have
without DM. It made me face my own mortality, and I went through a
grieving process for my future! But once I got through that, I felt, and
still feel, a great peace, by accepting what might be.  How about you?