Re: [IPr] moodiness

On 13 Jul 00, at 13:16, Brad Roy wrote:

> How many of you have experienced severe moodiness as a symptom or
> non-symptom of your diabetes?  I seem to have very little patience, lose
> control over my feelings and become angry much quicker than before having
> diabetes.  I am reluctant to blame every problem I have on diabetes.  That
> would be too convenient.  I'm not sure if this is being caused by diabetes,
> stress in general, my job (school teacher), my finances :(, or all of the
> above.

Diabetes has an emotional impact as well as a physiological impact.  There is
also a connection between our physiological status (i.e. bg level and rate of
change) and our emotional state. Add to the mix the stress of dealing with a
chronic disease, dealing with the medical community (sometimes ok,
sometimes difficult), dealing with issues like uneducated people who are
quick to offer strange advice on how their second cousin's neigbor's dog's
previous owner's third stepson's other grandmother had diabetes and
"cured" it by herbs/chanting/quack medicines/willpower/prayer...  it's
sometimes easy for us to become overwhelmed.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)