Re: [IPr] Re: books on grieving

Thank you- good insight. I will think about this. I once was told that
change can be good. I will try to look for that good.  I don't know too
much about butterflies and catapillars but I would think that the beautiful
butterfly would be happy to be rid of the old catapiller. Maybe this is the
struggle I am feeling of me coming out of the cocoon. Illnesses really
change ones perspective and I have learned so far to take the time to take
in as much as I can about this and to let the rest go until I am ready but
right now I am ready to try something which some may think is silly but it
is something that I think would be fun :)
Thanks again for your thoughtful comments..alot to think about:)
email @ redacted
Life isn't a dress rehearsal- it is the real thing :)

At 09:12 AM 07/13/2000 -0400, you wrote:
><<Me is slowly going away and I need some help in
>coping with this.>>
>I can relate to what you are feeling. And, I ask you one question, "Does
the butterfly grieve the catapillar?" The only thing we really can count on
is change. All things in the universe are in a constant state of movement.
The most important is to decide who you are, what you want to be and how
the two can be accomplished. Unfortunately, we are a group of doers not
beings. We are Human Beings not Human Doers. The me that you are grieving
may be a me that has become useless to you now. There always will be a
being there and it never goes away. If you don't like the being you see
now, recreate it to one you enjoy and love. Diabetes does bring change into
our lives, but so does children growing up and going away, the death of a
loved one and aging.