RE: [IPr] Hind's Feet & Gratitude

Sammi [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Ditto here...I picked it und of sat on a shelf with a lot of
> other books
> that look very good & haven't been given the time & attention
> here that they
> most likely deserve.  Thanks for the nudge!

Hinds Feet on High Places is one of the best books I know of that presents
the spiritual journey. But there's a little biographical information that
may be interesting: the locations Hannah Hurnard writes about are real
places and not made up. She was a resident of Leysin, Switzerland when she
wrote it, and the mountains and valleys there formed the backdrop for her
allegory. FWIW, I graduated from the Leysin American School in Leysin (in
1964) and also attended the American College of Switzerland (also in Leysin)
for a year, and was able to recognize the places she writes about.

It's a book well worth reading (and re-reading!).

It's not so much a book about dealing with disability, but with persistence,
perseverance, and faith when the going is the most difficult. Where we
diabetics differ from many others is that we can put a specific name to our
dis-ease. Some are not so fortunate.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted