Re: [IPr] Here's to the "weeds"

Yes, He is holy and righteous, uncompromising
where sin is concerned,

My very personal belief is that SIN is an acronym for Self Induced Nonsense. I do not see God as one who is sitting somewhere just waiting for us to make a mistake so he can punish us. When we believe this, it becomes very easy to blame our suffering on God's punishment because we did something to deserve it. I could never believe that God takes any joy in seeing any one of his creations suffer. I take total responsibility for my diabetes because it is a gift to promote my spiritual growth. God supports me in dealing with it on a daily basis, but takes no joy in seeing my frustration.