Re: [Re: [[IPr] Books]]

email @ redacted wrote:
Jan,

Thank you for these book suggestions. I have wrote these down also to request.
One book that I dearly treasure is one that I found at a garage sale several
years ago. It has a copyright in the 1930's but the devotions in it are
timeless and the poetry is very deep and profound for anyone struggling
through life. It is "Streams In The Desert" by Elizabeth Cowman and is a daily
devotional book. I am sure that you have read it or heard of it but it has a
message of wisdom and enlightenment that I have found a lot of solace in when
I was asking the often spoken words "Why?" . The best dollar I ever spent :)
Take care, April

> In a message dated 7/10/00 3:00:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
>
> << Being Christian, I have not found any book of course
>  as comforting as the Bible. >>
> I have to agree with you there, April! I also heartily recommend Jane
> Kirkpatrick's books. Fiction: Sweetness to the Soul, Love to Water My Soul,
> Gathering of Finches, and Mystic Sweet Communion. Nonfiction: A Burden
Shared.