RE: [IPr] Diabetes and spirit

Susan2000 [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I share your beliefs.  I think this list will take the view
> of the majority --
> hopefully they will be mostly Christian in their viewpoint.
> If not, though, we
> can always weed out the messages that we don't care to see.
> Personally, I like
> to see others views as well as those that are the same as mine.

While I, too, am Christian, I hope this list will be useful for all of us
with diabetes (or are otherwise associated with diabetes) to deal with
impact this disease has on our spiritual lives regardless of how that
spirituality is expressed.  I hope it will not be just another general
discussion of religion (there are many other lists that already do that).

I am a member of St. Bede's Episcopal Church in Atlanta (near Spaghetti
Junction for those of you familiar with the Atlanta area - and if you're
looking it up on a map, that's the northeast junction of I-85 and I-285 (AKA
The Perimeter)). I'm also very active in Cursillos in Christianity, which I
will explain further (and probably privately) to anyone who's interested.
I'm also a trained spiritual director, having received my training from John
Westerhoff, formerly Professor of Pastoral Ministry at Duke University
Divinity School and currently Director of the Pastoral Studies Institute
housed at St. Luke's Church in Atlanta.
> Hope you stay with us.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR