Re: [IPr] Diabetes and spirit

Dear Susan,

  No Heather is not on a pump yet.  She is being considered for one though.
What her doctors and her father and myself are working towards is getting
her to test the way she needs to do.  Heather fights us every inch of the
way!  I don't know if it is because of my having diabetes as well or not but
it has been a major power struggle between us since her diagnosis.   As soon
as Heather shows us she will test without a battle she will have a pump too.
Testing is important for determining bolus ratios and basal rates.  So
hopefully she will realize this soon and have a chance for the pump!  If
your daughter is part of the young pumpers list maybe she can encourage
Heather!  Or she can email her here at this address!  By the way Heather
will be twelve in November.
  I look forward to hearing from you!

Love Always,