Re: [IPr] Diabetes and spirit

Dear Ashley,

  Wow!  You certainly have had to deal with a lot haven't you?!  I
appreciate the book suggestion and plan to check it out!  Thank you!  I too
have nerve damage and have been on the pump now for almost two years.  The
pain from the nerve damage has ceased which I am thankful for.  But I also
have gastroparesis and thyroid disease.  The gastroparesis has not improved
so sometimes I get discouraged!  My thyroid keeps going low on me even
though I am on synthroid.  My weight is terrible!  Everythime I get hopeful
that I will lose weight it (my thyroid levels)  goes low again and I gain!
I am grossly obese and get quite depressed  and because of my weight,  even
though I have type one diabetes (dx at age 15 months), I have become insulin
resistant.  I am 35 now and have had diabetes for 34 years.  As far as
spirituality I have had several OBE's due to extremely bad lows.  I truly
believe the only reason I am still here is because of my daughter who is 11
and has been a diabetic since the age of 5.  Getting her on track is a full
time job in itself!  :-)  I look forward to getting to know you and everyone
else who joins this list!  Even though I wouldn't wish diabetes on my worst
enemy- it's nice to know I am not alone and that others understand what I am
going through!

Love Always,