[IPr] Diabetes and spirit

     My name is Ashley and have been insulin dependent for 16 years.  The
combination of anorexia and diabetes has definately played a role in my
spirituality.  The only way I recovered from the anorexia was to find my true
being and to develop Her on my own.  I have been clise to death so many
times, in ICU with blood sugars over 1000 weighing 60 lbs, and docs are truly
amazed that I am even breathing today.  They were expecting me to die of
malnutrition and or a stroke, but I always told them "I will not die, I can
tell you that much."
     I am so thankful that I have discovered, and still am discovering my
spirituality, because now I am dealing with retinopathy (I had neuropathy,
but the pump has saved my life and reversed it) and I am only 22.  It has
really altered my life, but I will adjust.  Before the pump, I had A1C's of
over 16, and now I am a 5.  It has only been one year on the pump for me, so
I know that my body can still repair itself if I allow it to and feed it
positive affirmations.
     One book that I really recommend for any diabetic faced with obstacles
is Mind Power into the 21st Century by John Kehoe.  It has changed my life.
I am interested to hear what other peoples' responses are.

<A HREF="http://www.essentialsol.com">Aroma Verde</A>