[IPr] (Fwd) [IP] Spirituality

I was asked to forward this.  I trust the writer will be joining the list
or if she is already a member she will now write directly.  ;>)

From:           	email @ redacted
Date sent:      	Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:09:42 EDT
Subject:        	[IP] Spirituality

Hello Everyone I just wanted to thank David and Vixen (:) for
opening the door to a true discussion of spirituality as opposed to a
dogmatic discussion of religion. In fact I was just thinking about the
connection between diabetes and spirituality yesterday in the
shower. I have been a spiritual seeker for much of my life, but I am
curious about how much my diagnosis and near death experience
at 7 triggered my life long quest. I know that this discussion will
most likely end up on the new list on Diabetes and Spirituality, but
I just wanted to pose a few questions to the broader list. 1. Did
your diagnosis trigger any spiritual changes or seeking for others?
2. How many of you had near death and/or out of body experiences
at the time of diagnosis or at other times since you where
diagnosed? Those of you who have had near death and out of body
experiences, how has this influenced your spiritual beliefs or
experiences? 3. Do you feel that being Diabetic has had a positive
or deepening influence on you as a spiritual being? How has
Diabetes affected your perception of spirituality or your higher
power(s)? Have any of you had negative reactions to Diabetes on a
spiritual level? If so what where or are they? Alright I could ask a
million other questions, but I will spare you all for now. I just found
out that the University of Minnesota where I am pursuing my PhD
in Educational Psychology has a NIH founded program in
Spirituality and Healing. I have decided to MInor in Spirtuality and
Healing. I will be studying the connection between spirituality and
healing for people with chronic medical conditions such as
Diabetes. I am also going to be looking at the influence of
spirituality on the capacity to heal one self or be positively affected
by "alternative healing therapies." So I am very interested both
personally and professionally in this subject.