[IPr] Diabetes questions - help please?

Hello everyone,

This semester at schoo, I'm taking a book design class, and I thought some
of you might be able to help me. Our first assignment is a "survey book."
My book is going to deal with different perceptions of diabetes, comparing
the opinions of people with and without diabetes.  I'm hoping the finished
product will help to illustrate how generally unaware people are of how much
work it takes to try to control blood sugars and such.

Here's where you come in...if you'd like to help me, could you please email
me your answers to the following questions? (below) I promise that no one's
name will ever show up in my project.  Email your answers to me at
email @ redacted in the next day or so...I suppose if you want, you could
also email them to the whole list, but I thought people might not want their
surveys put out for the whole listserver.

Thank you!!!!
Gianna Marzilli
(pumping 3.5 years)

1.  What is your definition of "diabetes?"
2.  What's the first word that comes to mind when you see the word
3.  What are some words you use to describe diabetes?
4.  On a scale of 1-10, how serious a disease is diabetes?
5.  On a scale of 1-10, how manageable a disease is daibetes?
6.  What are your first thoughts upon reading the sentence: "Diabetes is a
manageable disease.  As long as you watch what you eat and take your
medication, you'll be fine."
7.  Do you think it's possible for people without diabetes to understand
8.  Yes or No:  people are not aware of the seriousness of diabetes
9.  Put the following words in order from most accurate (for you) to least
(in terms of describing diabetes)
not a big deal
easy, compared to other things i have to do
10. put the following in order from what you think is the hardest to the
easiest thing about diabetes
injections/pump sites
checking blood sugars
eating "right"
dealing with exercise
constant worry
11.  Has having diabetes changed your thoughts on God?
12. If yes, how and why have they changed as a result of having diabetes?
13. If not, why not?