  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [IPr] (Fwd) [IP] Something to ponder

  Dianne,

   No, there is presently no way to determine if an embryo's stem cells are
  "useable".
  Stem cells don't determine what diseases an unborn child will be heir today
  or at any time in it's future. The safe, ethical, and Christian thing to do
  is to assume that NONE are useable. Slicing/dicing such cells demeans the
  value of life.

  The complexity of the cell should drive us to our knees in awe of the
Author
  of Life.

  Here's a link to a wonderful article by Cal Thomas on the subject:
  http://www.townhall.com/columnists/calthomas/ct20010813.shtml

  Regards,
   Gil Linkswiler
   46 years T1, MM508 5/2000