[IPr] Re:Rev Randall's Soapbox

I agree whole heartedly with Rev Randall's position that it is important
for us to step out of our "bg box" in order to fully see all the other
things that bring true meaning to our lives. I admit I fight this daily
and have often felt like giving up. As both an 8th grade teacher by
profession and youth director at church, I oftentimes find myself in a
precarious position of having to be in charge of a major activity and
being humbled by quick exits or breaks to check bgs, eat, etc. I am
reminded of my weakness on a daily basis which isn't easy for me. Many
times I have wished to just wake up and find that the bad dream is over
and I no longer need to check my bgs, worry about highs, lows, or the
embarrassment and inconveniences caused by a low bg episode in public. I
am lucky that these are few and far between but always remind me of my
mortality and imperfections. On the other hand, It could be worse, I am
blessed with a wonderful wife and three children as well as many
opportunities and countless other blessings along the way. God has
always met my needs and continues to do so. It is through these
experiences that God has enabled me to rely on his strength and not my
own. Although there is much I don't understand, I realize more each day
what 2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for
my(Christ's) power is made perfect in weakness."  Another helpful verse
for me has been Proverbs 3:5-6 which says, "Trust in the Lord with all
your heart and lean not on your own understanding: acknowlege him in all
your ways and he will make your paths straight." Of course this doesn't
mean just accept it and give up....quite the opposite...to me it means
take what life has thrown at you and use this wonderful power to deal
with and overcome it. I realize that many who read this will not not
agree with me and I don't want to sound preachy, but......there is a
real power here that is able to bring me peace despite Diabetes and all
its baggage. I know the peace is not because of anything I've done. Most
of which hasn't been real exemplary.   Have I always felt this way and
believed this way? NO! I'm a former punk-rocking, guitar playing, non
Christian who doubted and scoffed at these ides and teachings.
It's amazing what the Master can do, even when the clay resists him at
every move. Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone and does not seem
offensive and brash. I respect the rights and opinions of all regarding
these matters and am only relaying what has happened in my life and