Re: [IPr] Opps!

In a message dated 08/09/2000 2:55:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  I am sorry you thought you could have debates on here.
 but no you cannot. >>

Ginny I think this is a good thing to remember.  I am catching up, so I am
reading all these post at once, and having lots of different thoughts.
Everytime I read that it is okay to have theology debates, I am sitting here
thinking of the different things expressed and though I may respect the
person, I can become offended by something that doesn't agree with my
theology  (or at the least feel the need to "defend" my theology).  Someone
said its okay as long as it doesn't disagree with your theology or maybe that
it only becomes a debate when it does disagree.  Well the truth of the matter
is that is the way it is for all of us.  Because we all to believe
differently.  And sure I don't become offended of feel defensive until
someone slams my beliefs.  But people that believe differently than me feel
the same way whether they admit it or not.  If I say something in reply to
their beliefs and not agreeing they respond defensively.  We ALL do it.  That
is why I have been trying to feel out the list.  See what you can say and
can't say.  Thank you for your reminder Ginny, because it will become a
debate as long as we continue to feel defensive.

I really do like this list, but for those of us (I include myself) who have
STRONG beliefs we must be careful!

mom to Allie 12, dx'd 8/12/98 and pumping 12/17/99