Re: [IPr] Debatable...

Yes Sammi, I hear what you are saying. We can discuss how each of our
faiths helps us but to get into debates about those faiths would serve no
purpose. Like you mentioned no attacks on other's belief systems. I hope
this makes this clearer? :)
Say for example I share I am from faith from star wars and you have your
faith from star trek and we get into it about it and argue that one is
better than another and it turns into an all out fight. That is what I call
a debate and flame. And that would serve no purpose in my opinion. But if
you share how yours helps you and I share how mine helps me and we just
share without arguing that is fine.
Does this help make sense? The spiritual sides of us does bring out strong
sharing and there is nothing wrong with that.  Respecting each ones faith
space is what I am hoping for. (hope that makes sense) I have been on some
religious lists where no one respected anyone and it was always even scarey
to come on the list. I really hope this list remains friendly and not scarey.
Let me share something. I won't share the faith because it doesn't matter
but I have been very sick for a long time. And I was on another server
where there was a public religion list which I thought may be a place to
fellowship. Some person who was in the position of leading a church asked
me what was wrong with me.
I, unfortunately, used the term that I have a compromised immune system
(which I do have) and from that comment I was accused of everything under
the sun and told to go to California to burn with the rest of them etc etc
etc. So I know I am  sensitive when I sense things heading in a direction.
I would never want that from this list to happen to anyone.

The discussion about why does God allow things to happen was beginning for
me to get close. I don't think (in my opinion) we can blame it all on Him.
The people who verbally abused me did so because they took on this person't
cause. He assumed I had AIDS and was a lesbian. And even if that were true
that wasn't the way to treat a person who is going through alot. Compassion
and hugs and support was what I was looking for on that list and oh boy did
I get more than an earful!! :(
I wouldn't want this attitude on here from anyone from any faith. Does this
I also don't think it helps to debate religions because we all believe what
we do and I don't think we are going to change what we all think. I think
we can respect what we believe and how we share. I have been on many
theology lists where debates are quite nasty and I had hopes this list was
more for a healing cause then debating cause. Debating creates stress.
Well these are some of my thoughts on it. I hope it helps some and thank
you for asking to talk about this. If you have anymore questions please
feel free to ask. I don't wish to create problems and maybe discussing
these things is a good way to find out what direction we want this list to
go. What do you think?