Re: [IPr] Allie & Guilt

I am about to go off on a personal ramble....hopefully helpfull...but be
As I have mentioned before I was diagnosed at 7 and insisted on being
personally responsible with in the first year of diagnosis.
Due to inherent perfectionist tendencies and a father who is ultra
perfectionistic, I became keenly sensitive to any numbers outside of the
ideal. I hated High Blood Sugar so much that I would only eat if my BS was
low. I eventually developed Anorexia and managed to keep relatively normal
BS...even though I was not eating.
Guilt and shame plagued me, well into my ealry twenties....I used to scream
and cry any time my BS was above my ideal numbers.
Not that every diabetic child or young adult will take High BS this
personally, but there is a strong risk that