Re: [[IPr] Re:I must have a guardian angel]

How scary that had to have been for you! I too have had diabetes for 29 years
and have hypoglycemia unawareness. Thank God my sugar has not went that low in
a long time but I have frequent times when it goes down to the
40's and I am not aware of it until I start to see lights and almost pass out.
I am so glad that the angels were watching out for you and rest assured they
were there although you did not see them. Sometimes God uses people here on
earth like the piano teacher.

In May of this year I had a similar experience in the ER. I have autonomic
neuropathy which causes my blood pressure to drop when I stand up and move
around and this time it was compounded by severe dehydration from
gastroparesis ( isn't good for my kidney failure either , my BUN went up to
139). Anyways the ER resident that they assigned to me was in his 1st yr of
residency and had never seen an insulin pump and did not not understand much
about the BP flucuations. He ordered the 2 male nurses
to take a BP with me lying,sitting,and standing. When we got to the standing
part I instantly got very faint, nauseous and felt like the life was being
squeezed from my body. Thank God my husband was there to hold me up and force
the nurses who were still stubbornly trying to get that BP reading to let me
lie back down. I was dying and I knew it and my husband knew and I remember
hearing the nurses say "wow, I can't get a pressure on her, I've never had
that happen like that!" Although I knew as I laid in my hospital room later
that I almost died, I reflected on the same thoughts you had- that I did not
see a tunnel, lights, or hear any heavenly voices. I came to the conclusion
that it was simply not my time to leave this earth and was thankful that God
spared my physical life. I was given spiritual life 23 years ago and my faith
is still anchored in Jesus.

I have had other close brushes with death, the closest being when I was
finally diagnosed at age 12 but that is a long other story. One of my favorite
quotes is from Jonathan Livingston Seagull- " Here is one way to tell if you
have fulfilled your mission in life- If you are still here you haven't".... If
it is our time to go we will and I believe that we will know it when the time
comes. I enjoyed your story and hope that you are doing well, April