Re: [IPr] Diabetes Meditation Book- Sammi

> I read out of the book every night. Here's the info on
> it. I got mine at Borders - It's also available at
> Amazon.
> Meditations On Diabetes:
> Strengthening Your Spirit in Every Season
> Paperback - 384 pages (February 1999)
> Amer Diabetes Assn; ISBN: 1580400019

If you get a discount through ADA, you could also get it from them.  I agree
with Peter...it's an excellent book for a daily "lift" (I tend to read mine
in the morning, to sort of "start the day out in the right frame of mind"),
or just to pick up any time you need a bit of encouragement.  My favorite
story (true story) in there is about a woman who finds herself trapped alone
in a snowstorm on a mountain, who realized that ifshe didn't keep moving
shewould die in the freezing temperatures.  Instead of just trudging along &
forcing herself to move, she listened to the music in her head & danced all
night long, until the rescuers found her at dawn.  I open up to that one
when I feel myself "trudging" with the weight of always being prepared,
always having the right supplies with me, etc., & remind myself that no one
is forcing me to trudge resentfully...I have the option of dancing instead,
& that choice is entirely mine!  :)

Anybody out there who likes this kind of "daily meditation" book (the ones
with very short, meaningful readings, & usually a thought or affirmation to
take with you through the day, or into your sleep at night), a few others I
would recommend:

-The Woman's Book of Courage: Meditations for Empowerment & Peace of Mind
by Sue Patton Thoele (Conari Press, 1991)
-Touchstones:A Book of Daily Meditations for Men [I had to scout for this
one, guys, to be fair] (Hazelden Foundation, 1986)
-Night Light: A Book of Nighttime Meditations  by Amy E. Dean
(Hazelden/HarperCollins, 1986)
[and for those with childlike wonder & a sense of adventure in their
-Living Juicy: Daily Morsels for Your Creative Soul  by Sark (Celestial
Arts, 1994)

Yes, I'm a confessed, thoroughly addicted bookaholic...but I suppose there
are worse things out there!  :)

Brightest Blessings,