Re: [IPr] Allie & Guilt

In a message dated 08/03/2000 10:42:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  try NOT to let yourself make too big a
 deal of it when the numbers are good - or at least not in a "congratulatory"
 fashion.  Even though that might feel like a very positive thing, telling
 her how well she's done, it has an ugly catch...if she gets glowing credit
 for the good numbers (implying she's entirely responsible for them), then
 convercely she also carries the guilt or blame when the numbers are so good.

Thanks Sammi!

Good reminder!  I totally understand this.  Especially after having such a
GREAT A1C on Monday morning.  And after jumping up and down with happiness
    that was my thought!  And I even verbalized it with the dr. and Allie
right there.  I said well I know I shouldn't get to excited about a low one,
(meaning the same thing you just typed above!)  I learned early in life
(allie plays ball too) and if she can make the winning run, basket or
catch............... then she can also make the losing one!

Thanks for the reminder!  Guess I kinda botched that one.  I do try real hard
not to react though, but I am SURE I send a lot of non verbal mixed messages!

mom to Allie 12, dx'd 8/98 and pumping 12/99
and Katie 10