Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:02:33 EST
From: "Carolyn Green" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] New info about D-Tron Pump!!!

Hi Everybody!
I just had an e-mail from my Disetronic Rep. about the website with lots of
info about the new Disetronic D-Tron pump. It says it is to be relaeased in
April or May :o). It states that the pump is thinner and slightly taller
than the H-Tron and it will have additional features like alternate basal
profiles, easy pump programming to set the size of bolus steps, vibration
and audio notification, precise measurement of residual insulin,
backlighting, lots of additional memory for basals and boluses and other
neat features. It will be the only pump capable of detecting leaks as well.
Data can be downloaded to a PC as well.
To find out for yourself, go to:
http://diabetes.net.com/insulinpumps.html   (komm. her er et punktum for mye, )

Apparently there is an upgrade offering for those who buy the current H-Tron
Pump.
I am excited about this as I have been waiting for it's release. I am
currently using a loaner pump from my Dr. and am really looking forward to
having my own pump.
Happy Pumping!!! :o) .....Carolyn

New D-Tron Expected In April or May
Not to be putdone, Disetronic is launching it's new D-Tron pump this spring, with an upgrade offer expected shortly for those buying the current H-Tron. Thinner and slightly taller than the H-Tron and 508, it will have additional features like alternate basal profiles, easy pump programming to set the size of bolus steps, vibration and audio notification, precise measurement of residual insulin, backlighting, lots of additional memory for basals and boluses, etc.

The D-Tron will also have a couple of unique features. One is a patented pressure sensor designed to detect both early occlusions and leaks. If successful, it will be the only pump capable of detecting leaks, and may begin to make a major dent in unexplained highs that seem to plague certain pumpers as well as certain teflon sets that are prone to tunneling. It will also have a simple infrared (IR) output, which can picked up by most of the IR ports available today, for easy downloading of data to a PC.

Disetronic plans to continue production of their current H-Tron pumps, which will make them the first pump company to offer customers three distinct pump models (Dahedi, H-Tron and D-Tron). The H-Tron may be repackaged and released as a single pump, rather than the current two pump offering, perhaps with a longer time interval between manufacturer checkups (currently 24 months). If it's cost is reduced, the repackaged H-Tron may be an enticing pump for HMOs, insurance plans, and Medicare.

Compare Models And Features

Insulin-Pumpers hjemmeside http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/