From: Jennifer White
Date: 09/27/05 22:34:30
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] can't decide lantus/pump. why not both?

Hello,

I am wondering how many children do this un-tethered approach.  It
sounds so perfect.  Could kids take a lantus shot at night and then wear
their pump at night and at school, but take it off from 3p.m. - 9 p.m.
Could they just plug in to bolus at suppertime?

Jenny (Tommy, 10, diagnosed type 1 4/2005)  (Andy, 13 and husband, Dan)

Un-Tethered Link:

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/clinic/untethered.htm

Letter from CWD:

Patti,

> Is he going to be wearing his pump at all??  Jesse

> uses 18u of lantus and gets 4.5U  Novolog thru the

> pump.   So, thats aout a 75/25 split...He did this all

> summer long and it worked out great...  but during the summer, he was

> super active and hardly wore the pump during the day. And there were

> also some nights he was untethered too...  Now, that he's in school,

> and not as active, he needs that 4.5U of novolog...

> Let him try the 75/25 ratio...when you change the pump

> basals, remember where his morning or evening rises

> are, so he can program a bit more insulin at that

> period..

> Stacey
..

IMSTP.gif]

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type Image/gif which had a name of
smile.gif]