[IPp] Re:

I found it a little hard a first to have my daughter who was 3 at the
time to wear (what looked like this big thing to me at the time) her
pump out so everyone could see it. That didn't last too long. I figured
if anyone asked what it was (which is rare) I could use that as a chance
to educate them about diabetes in children. You would be amazed at what
people think about diabetes. I love it when they say " when will she
grow out of it."

Anyway most of the time its clipped  to her pants or shorts. When she
wears a dress I put little biker/ exercise shorts on under her dress so
she can clip her pump to it. At night she puts it on her underwear
mostly or she may put it on her shirt by the collar. She has never said
anything to me about it getting in her way. Only if it was in a
belt/pouch. I have tried the pouch thing during the day but she really
doesn't like them. We tried the belt loop too, but not allot of girl
clothes have belts. I hate it  when you find a cute outfit but it has a
small elastic waist band. The pump kinda flops around on those kind of
shorts.  Even the leather covers we don't use, there to bulky.
 Plus then people think my 6 yr old has a cell phone. My husband got
really upset onetime when she was 3 yrs old he heard  a couple talking
about how stupid & crazy we were for letting are child have a cell
phone. Needless to say they are now educated, I think my husband said
how he thought it was really stupid & crazy one was to not  know it was
an insulin pump for his diabetic daughter.