Re: [IPp] Weight Gain

My daughter was only diagnosed 8 months ago, and she's only 4, so I am NO
expert.  But I can say that, when we attended family diabetes camp this
summer, my husband and I noticed that many of the teenage girls were
thick around the middle where the teenage boys were not.  We noticed that
most of these boys seemed to be on pumps and most of the girls were using
injections.  This seemed to confirm what I had been told - that teenage
girls gain weight more when they are on shots and they have to eat to
match their insulin, but this does not seem to match Renee's experience.
I wonder if all T1 teenage girls are more prone to weight gain.  Has
anyone seen anything similar in boys, or is it unique to the female
diabetic population?  I wish there was a study that looked at how much
was related to hormones and how much was related to eating habits and
activity level.  Anyone seen anything like that?
Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo starting Monday! 9/29/03),
Alicia 2, Carlos 4 months