[IPp] Weight Gain

I have a sixteen year old daughter who has had diabetes for 4 years and has
 been on the pump for 3 years. She seems to have put on a lot of weight and I'm
curious as to what others have experienced. She is 5'5" and now weighs
 138bls. Every time we go to the doctor's ( every three months) she puts on
2-3 bls (she consumes between 1,700 & 2,000 calories a day ) and her level of
activity is average for a teenager. I'm wondering if all Type 1 diabetics tend
to be heavy or whether she will eventually level off & loose some weight. Her
doctor says it is normal and when you have good control you tend to be
 heavier. (her AC1 average around 7.3). I'm not convince he is right and
wondered if
people who have been on the pump for several years have experienced the same
claudia, Mom to Tess (diagnosed 10/99)