[IPp] Cat chewed the tubing

Welcome to the club! <g> Cats apparently find the smell/taste of insulin
irresistible, at least our cat Rocky has!  I think it's also the lure of
that shiny, bobbing tubing that does it too.  Eric, our 8 y/o pumper has
had a number of tubes bitten through, usually in the night as he sleeps.
  We've found the best way to prevent it is to tuck Eric's tee shirt over
the tubing and pump, and we went several months until just last week
with no bites.  I also check everything when I do his 2:00 (or 3:00 or
4:00) a.m. BG and make sure everything is going okay.  Others have
wrapped an old sock with the toe cut open around the pump and tubing,
but, of course, YMMV.

Best regards,
Andrew & Lisa, Parents to Bob (14 y/o mutant-hormonal-alien) and Eric,
dx 9/25/00, pumping since 5/01 (MM-508/511, now on Cozmo)