From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Cheri McCurdy
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 1:34 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Cat chewed the tubing & Thanks to all!

 Catherine,I just can't let this go by without a reply!  Amelia was home sick
one day, snuggled up to our new kitten!  Amelia rolled over and her tubing was
chewed in half....teeth marks gave it away!  We panicked!  We gave the kitten
milk and food and then we realized that if insulin worked when digested we
 probably wouldn't need needles and pumps! We laughed all day over that one! We
just got a new kitten that is just fasinated
with Amelia's tubing!   Let me just say thanks so much for this list.  I
love to read the pop list.  Makes me feel like I am not the only one dealing
 with the "DIABEASTIE"! It seems that each year Amelia makes leaps and bounds in
taking charge of her diabetes!  She let me change her site to her belly a few
days ago and yesterday, she troubleshot at school and changed her own site!
Cheri McCurdyMom to Amelia, 10, D 1-00 and P
12-00!Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:41:58 -0700
From: "Catherine Schulz" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPp] Cat chewed the tubing

We've had the pump a little over 24 hours now.  I'm sitting on the floor across
from Emma, with the pump in my hand, downloading bolus history.  Leda, the cat,
is staring at the line.  A second later, I realize she is chewing on the line,
and now I see bubbles in the formerly clear tubing.  Sh*t.  Now I have to worry
about the cat.  She has chewed a hole in the tubing. It didn't even take two
seconds. Please tell me I'm not the only one this has happened to

Get McAfee virus scanning and cleaning of incoming attachments. Get Hotmail
Extra Storage!