[IPp] Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!! No food for 2 weeks

       The poor little guy!  But I know from experience that it is probably
harder on Mom!!!
       Claire has had surgery on her palate three times, twice since having
diabetes.  She was not allowed anything at all (not even water) after the last
surgery, then after two days was allowed liquids, then after another few days
soft foods only for three weeks.  No straws allowed though, nor anything
remotely sticky.
       This is quite easy to handle with the pump, not so easy on shots.
       You will likely find lots of things to feed him.  Claire quite enjoyed
it, as she had lots of custards, puddings, apple sauce and ice cream. She
would also slurp down those packets of instant noodles.  With the Ensure, or
 other brands of high protein drinks, Justin will get additional nutrients. You
 might be able to try creamy scrambled eggs as well. The plastic surgeon's nurse
will have the best ideas on what to feed him, as they have the most
experience with this.
       If he is in pain, it might be reflected in higher bgs., so keep using
the pain relievers as necessary.

Good luck,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 9