Re: [IPp] Re: Testing in class

>  Hmmm, very interesting. I'm going to check our DPH's website as
>  well as OSHA
> and see what they say. Maybe if I have it in writing, I can get them
> to let her test in class. I hate that she misses class time. It's
> fine at lunch, when she needs insulin, but if she feels low or high,
> she has to be walked down to the nurse's office.

I've had some conversations with them about this. Because schools are
not the "workplace" the have not and will not issue an opinion.
However, the person in charge of these kinds of issues told me that
the applicable standards are the same as for disposable tampons. To
actually get an opinion, someone would have to request it for a
workplace environment such as testing and disposing of test strips in
their workplace.