[IPp] Re: Gym Teachers

In a message dated 9/6/2003 6:24:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> At least once a year a gym or health teacher says some thing like this or
> just says you get diabetes for being overweight and not exercising. These
> people are supposed to know better. Then of course Eve hears from someone
> school she has diabetes because she wasnt fit. This tears my heart out to
> have her hears things like this.

  I'm so sorry to hear about Eve and the sorry excuse for a gym teahcer!!   I
got my daughter's gym teacher in trouble.   But it "was" her fault....The go
to gym up on a field that is bout a 5 minute walk from the school.  The other
day, she came down to do her finger poke and she was 66!!  No one escorted her
down to the clinic, she didn't feel low which surprised me but I told them
that if she is up on that field, her teacher needs to have her emergency kit
with her and someone should accompany her.  I called the area nurse and she
right on it, no more worries.  I would take some information into this teacher
and tell him/her that they were incorrect and that he needs to apologize to
your daughter and teach the class the "correct" information.   Keep us
and let us know how it goes.

Cheryl, mom to Stephanie, pumping since8/11/03
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
            -- Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937