From: email @ redacted
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 8:20 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Paradigm and waterproofness

In a message dated 07/09/2003 6:59:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I wondered if you could tell me if you know of any benefits of the
> Paradigm over the 508?  Is it waterproof like they say?  Some parents
> have said that it isn't.

Since early July I've stopped reading all the mail on the main IP list.  But
last week I had a chance to go in and read a bit from the archives and it
seems that there has been a lot of discussion about this issue.  Apparently
 Medtronic now says that the Paradigm is NOT waterproof, after many, many
 failures due to water penetration this summer. Read about it for yourselves, or
the company for their latest info on this topic.  We have a Disetronic, so I
haven't done this myself.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9