[IPp] Re:NPH instead of Lantus

In a message dated 8/29/2003 5:48:09 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Lantus kicks in just as quickly as NPH but doesn't peak like NPH; it
> has a flat action profile.  It's a no-brainer to me in choosing a
> long-acting insulin.  Lantus is the ONLY one that closely resembles a
> pump's basal action.

When our pump "broke" down, Lantus is what they had us give Stephanie, mostly
because it doesn't peak as NPH does, like you said.

Cheryl, mom to Stephanie, dx'd 1995, pumping since 8/11/03

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
            -- Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937