Re: [IPp] IEP's and 504's

>Now to the point, I have asked for a 504 and given them samples to use.

>(downloaded from this site of course!) I get no response on implementing

>written plan, except of coure the waiver they want me to sign. Any

>suggestion on how to get them to put one into effect?

Dear Lisa,

WOW!  You would think that because it is a private school (I am assuming
you are paying them to teach your child) and they are getting grant
money, I am extremely surprised at their response.  I will not pretend to
even have a clue about the legalities here, but I would recommend
speaking to an attorney.  And definitely, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING unless you
have written it!!!!  Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

I still find it so amazing that these teachers, principals, and
superintendents are so damned frustrating when it comes to diabetes and
the care of our children.  There are so many children with diabetes,
these children are our future, is this really the message we want to send
to them?  There has to be someone out there who can make a difference for
these children!

I am so sorry for you Lisa.  I really would contact a lawyer.  I had to,
and I got a great public interest lawyer (who doesn't cost a dime) who is
there for me on weekends, night, whenever I need her.....all I do is e
mail her and she always seems to be on line.  Check into it.  I certainly

What are they doing for your child in the meantime?  Are you going into
the school to do his blood sugar checks and bolusing?  Just curious.

(1)non diab.