Re: [IPp] Re: IEP vs 504

>The first thing struck me out of all this is that they are insisting
that your

>daughter walk all the way to the nurse's office to give a bolus for
snack -

>have your lawyer look up which law specifically talks about the "least

>restrictive educational environment".

Dear Liz,

This has hit me hard too.  The whole reason I got the lawyer in the first
place was to cut out her missed time in class.  She has been spending an
awful lot of time in the nurses office just for her headaches alone, let
alone the bolusing and testing sugars.  I am certainly at wits end over
this.  I WILL NEVER go to another meeting without my lawyer again.  When
I talked to her last night (the phone call lasted a little over an hour)
she was certainly in agreement with me on this.  She also feels as if
they tried to pull a fast one on me.  I am certain it will work out now
that she will be back in the picture again.  She is a very calm person,
but last night, her feathers had been ruffled, and she would take
"pauses" in her comments to enable her to control herself in front of
me.  It actually took a lot of pressure off of me to know that I was not
the only one angry, and that my anger was justified.

There will be some more changes befor this is through that WILL benefit
Jessy.  I feel so badly for her, she is the one who is suffering for my
mistakes and my ability to be dupped by these people so easily.  I won't
happen again.

Thank you so very much.

(1)non diab.