Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

>Cindy....Did they give you a reason for this? I would certainly want to

Dear Beverly,

You are going to LOVE the answer to this!  The principal, who is the head
of the 504 team, just does not have the time to either write it or make
sure that it is implemented!  Also, there is the money factor.....think
about it, they were shot down in the spring for a tax increase, having to
fire a bunch of teachers and aides because of it, now they are looking at
Jessy with dollar signs in their eyes.  I know this is cynical of me to
think this, but if you really think about it, it makes perfect sense.
This money may have to go to special ed kids, but there are a lot of
them, and they have to pay a lot of aides with this money, it is just
more money for the pot.  Unless Jessy ends up needing homebound tutoring
or a full time nurse (God forbid) while she is in school, none of that
money will go towards her education, it will go toward some other special
ed kid.  However they will not be able to deny her if she should need it.

Quite frankly, they are pushing this off on someone else, which really
gets my goat, but I can learn to live with it, as long as it will benefit
Jessy in the long run.

Thank you so much, Beverly.

(1)non diab.