Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

In a message dated 9/27/02 7:11:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Dear Beverly,
> My lawyer believes that they are going to designate her Other Health
> Impared for her Special Education.  I don't have a problem with that.  I
> do have a problem if they try to stigmatize her with any other special
> needs problem though.  I have to do a little more questioning on that
> issue.
> Cindy

My brain is very fuzzy this morning but I don't believe they can teat her for
Spec Ed without your permission.....and it is a lot of testing...... and they
cannot deny the 504.......you may want to call the Office for Civil Rights
and ask them......I will think on this.....
now ten!