Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

In a message dated 9/27/02 6:59:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> They
> knew well in advance that they were going to throw the IEP at me instead
> of the 504.  They knew my lawyer was not going to be there, and they did
> not give me any time to find out more information about the IEP before
> the meeting.  I still think that was incredibly shady of them, but,
> what's new?  I knew I was up against some pretty crappy people, so why
> should I have been surprised.  I never should have gone in there without
> my lawyer.  My mistake.  It will never happen again!

Cindy....Did they give you a reason for this? I would certainly want to know.
Also, if she has been identified 504 they cannot *unidentify* her . There are
processes and procedures to put a child in Special Ed (I am waiting on this
right now for Mary and her educational delay that was diagnosed over the
summer)...these take time.....We have a 504 in place now. They cannot refuse
her a 504 as this is her right. I will be comfortable with the IEP when it
comes to that but have the reassurance of the 504 now.....If I can help
further, please let me know....
now ten!