Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

>Ask your lawyer about having both an IEP and 504. I don't believe you

>since they are different plans and for an IEP your child must be
evaluated to

>see if he or she is eligible for special education. Also an IEP is

>yearly, and this is usually in the spring.

Dear Sarah,

My lawyer said that the 3 year thing only means that Jessy gets tested
every 3 years, but we still update it before the new school year every
year.  In fact, she said they scramble to have the IEP's done first since
they are evaluated by the state, before they worry about the 504's.

As for having both the IEP and the 504, it can be done from what I have
been told.  The school will say that it is unnecessary, even my lawyer
says this, but I am going to listen to Michael on this one.  If he thinks
it needs to be done, I am going to push my lawyer to push the school for
both.  Michael has been down this road before, and his knowledge astounds

Thank you so much Sarah.

(1)non diab.