Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

They will probably say it's unnecessary, but then you can

>say that they should have no objections. I'm pretty sure your

>attorney will agree.

Dear Michael,

I did ask my lawyer about having both last night, and she didn't think it
was a big deal.  She said that I can have everything in the IEP that was
in the 504 (ie: discrimination, care, attitudes, etc) without actually
having the 504.  And with the IEP, it will be monitored by the state.

You have been down this road before though, so I appreciate your input on
this.  If you feel that it is absolutely important to have both, I will
first push my lawyer for it, and then let her push the school for it.  (I
am pretty much washing my hands of this school at this point and letting
my lawyer handle everything from here on out....I was blindsided
yesterday, BIG TIME, and I feel that it was totally unnecessary!)  They
knew well in advance that they were going to throw the IEP at me instead
of the 504.  They knew my lawyer was not going to be there, and they did
not give me any time to find out more information about the IEP before
the meeting.  I still think that was incredibly shady of them, but,
what's new?  I knew I was up against some pretty crappy people, so why
should I have been surprised.  I never should have gone in there without
my lawyer.  My mistake.  It will never happen again!

(1)non diab.