Re: [IPp] IEP instead of 504

>I was told by the OCR that the 504 is under federal law, and that the
IEP is

>under state law, specifically, that covering the State Department of

Dear Miriam,

I wasn't aware that it couldn't go further than the state.  My lawyer did
say that judges know and recognize an IEP over a 504 because they are
more familiar with them, and because they are more cut and dry, it is
much easier to win in court if there is a problem.  Also, because it is
state run, and they are getting money for Jessy, the state gets reports,
as well as I do, along with her report cards, to let us know her
progress.  The IEP is closely monitored by the state whereas the 504 is
not monitored at all.  Another plus in my book after all the trouble I
went through last year.  I still feel like they blindsided me yesterday,
and there will be absolutely no more meetings without my lawyer being
there, however, I have come to terms with it at this point, and have
stopped crying.  Thank you.

(1)non diab.