[IPp] Re: IEP vs 504

Cindy -
The first thing struck me out of all this is that they are insisting that your
daughter walk all the way to the nurse's office to give a bolus for snack -
have your lawyer look up which law specifically talks about the  "least
restrictive educational environment".  These guys are trying to cut into her
class time - probably 20 minutes or so every day & that adds up to alot over
an entire year.  Our school tried every year to have my daughter walk to the
nurse's office to EAT a snack (among other things).  We told them that was
unacceptable and that it would cut into her time in class - and she was 8 when
this started.  All these unnecessary trips to the nurse's office add up to
lots of time over the year and could even eat into the state requirements for
"seat time" - the time a child must be in class during the year to pass the
grade.  Never go to another meeting without your lawyer.
Liz B.Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :