[IPp] IEP instead of 504

Dear All,

I know this is just repitition at this point, but I just came from my
"504" meeting to finalize everything at the school, and they have decided
that instead of a 504, Jessica would benifit more from an IEP.  Of course
my lawyer wasn't there to help me out, and I didn't call her because
there is still time to change the way things are going if need be.  What
I want is your opinions on this issue.  They have assured me that this
will be a better scenario for Jessy, as an IEP is good for 3 years
(versus the annual 504 plan), that Jessy will have a case worker that I
can speak to more directly, and that everything is more direct and

My head is spinning, I am sick from stress, and I have been crying for
days (between lack of sleep....al la Jessy and high sugars at night, and
the baby waking up, and the stress these meetings have been causing me,
and tension between my husband and me, because for some reason he thinks
I am a timex watch....takes a lickin and still keeps tickin')  I don't
know how much longer I can go on before I just drop from exhaustion.

Let me know what you guys think of all this.  Thank you.

(1)non diab.