Re: [IPp] re: replacing pumps-MM,others?

Do any companies replace pumps free after warranties run out?  It sounded
like that was an expectation in the previous posting.  I don't know of any
company that replaces any product  free after the warranty runs out and I
wouldn't expect them to do so.  What I would expect is a reasonable charge
for repair or replacement based on the condition and age of the product. In
the case of an insulin pump I would hope my insurance carrier would pay that
price.  I guess the frustration comes in when you know there is a newer and
superior product available and you have to accept the less up to date
repaired one or did I miss the point in an earlier message?  We just started
pumping a few months ago, so I guess we'll have to face this dilemma
Sherry, mom to Liz, age 13, dx 3/01, ppMM508-5/02