[IPp] Re: site allergy

Hi Susan,

Thats great that you have got your appointment date - not too far away
either. I hope the allergist can get to the bottom of it. I will be
interested to hear how it goes.

For our last two sites we have used Leukopor paper tape under the site but
we found (the hard way!!) that the needle doesn't pierce thru the paper tape
like it does the op site. Had to do a site change at 10.30 last night. We
now cut a hole out of the tape for the needle to go thru. He still got a
rash using this tape but so far it isn't as bad as the others. I was told
that it takes about two weeks of using a new tape for it to start causing a
reaction if that person is allergic to it, we found that to be so when we
first started pumping but now we get reactions straight away unfortunately.
Anyway Susan we wish you all the best at your allergist appointment. Take

Suzanne, Canterbury New Zealand, mum of Michael 7, D dxd 08/99, coeliacs dxd
04/00,pumping 04/02, Daniel 9, wife of Paul.