[IPp] DTron and DTron Plus Info

When the rep came by this afternoon with the loaner pump I found out some
information about the new DTron plus.

But first I wanted to let all DTron users know that Disetronic is now making
the DTron "system" a two pump system like the HTron. They are going to use
this as their new selling point. They are slowly going to be providing a
second backup pump to all current DTron customers. She asked me if they were
sending me two, because if they weren't she was going to get one for me.

Oh, and she also said that they just received the news that the DTron Plus
has received FDA approval. They have DTron pluses ready to go, but that they
won't start selling them until November because all reps have to go to
training in October.

She gave me a brochure for the DTron plus and explained some of the new
features. They have added some nice functionality to an already great pump.
They have increased the accuracy of the bolus and basal to .005 units. The
pump will now have 4 bolusing options: standard, scroll, extended, and
combination (standard/scroll and extended). They are taking advantage of the
IR port that is already built into the DTron and providing the capability to
program the pump on the computer and upload the information to the pump. The
computer software can hold an infinite number of basal rates and you can
pick and choose what two to upload into the pump at any time. The look of
the pump is updated, although this is irrelevant (IMHO... I think things
like color and putting a name on a pump should not be a deciding factor in
whether to buy that pump).

So that's all I can think of right now. :)

Mom to Tarek, age 10, IDDM, dx 11-16-1998
Pumping DTron since 1-12-2001
Novolog since 5-24-02
Using FreeStyle meter
Denver, Colorado