Re: [IPp] Re: Teen troubles

In a message dated 9/22/2002 10:38:16 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Matthew also sometimes has blood sugars all of the place with eating the
> same
> food and at the same time, doing the same amount of exercise....I think it
> has to do with age, and growth spurts...

As I like to remind myself (especially at times when I feel like pulling my
hair out over trying to make sense of some completely imcomprehensible BGs)
-- As they told us when Katie was diagnosed:  there are over 100 known
factors which affect blood glucose levels.  We have some control over only
three:  insulin, diet, and exercise.  Sometimes, you just have to accept that
not every BG check is part of a meaningful trend and the best you can do is
"fix it" (just treat the low or bolus for the high) and move on (instead of
obssessing over the reason which you may never, ever really figure out) . . .

Pumpmama to Katie