Re: [IPp] Teen Troubles...

As far as punishing the teens for not being responsible in their diabetes
care....my motto is this...(and some of you may not agree)...
I have one child who has diabetes and one who does not...it is the same rules
for both. Diabetes is in our lives, but diabetes is NOT our life!  Yes, we do
things around diabetes to ensure the safety of my son and to maintain good
health for him. But I have always treated my kids the same, punished the
same, rewarded the same.  I am teaching my son that yes you Diabetes, yes it
stinks, yes I am so so sorry you have it, but you DO have it and nothing will
change that unless a cure is found. So if you want to live a happy life you
MUST take care of yourself properly and that goes for my non-d daughter...you
MUST take care of yourself to give yourself a long and healthy life.  I have
cried for my son, I HATE this disease, but I refuse to let it be our WHOLE
life.  My goal is to have happy, healthy children, who grow to respect
themselves and others, regardless of having a disease.  Any healthy person
out there should take the best possible care of their bodies.  I do not favor
my diabetic son, and I do not pity him. I love him, and I teach him to hold
your head up high and I am so proud of him for all that he does to keep
himself safe and healthy, as well as praising my daughter for doing the same.
 No matter what our problems are, there is someone out there with an even
bigger problem.  Yes, you have diabetes, BUT if you take care of yourself you
will live a long and healthy life....there are children out there with
diseases that no  matter what they do to try and stay healthy, they will not
beat their disease.

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!