[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #196

In a message dated 9/16/2002 7:14:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> BlankThis is to Trena, you said that you have been giving Jake eggs and
> bacon or sausage for breakfast for the last 2 weeks and he's been high 2
> hrs. after.  Bacon and Sausage are high in fat

Diane, I thought about trying the extended bolus, but we've never needed it
before and I thought I would try  a bkf ratio of 1 to 10 units first and this
has helped this week. Jake fights his weight and the Low Carb diet has worked
better for us than anything else. He also uses a lot less insulin on it. The
endo said the Low Carb Diet was great for diabetics...thus eggs, meat,
cheese, and vegetables. He gets fruit or treats w/ carbs when he is low
though. Trena (mom to Jake 11)