Re: [IPp] re:teen troubles

Well... Eve's up to it again. She had a soccer game yesterday, this was an
away game, and got in the van after an hour long bus ride from the game and
said "I don't feel good." It's a five minute ride home, checks her bg's at
home and she is HI.

What is she thinking??? She had one of her many meters WITH her in her
SOCCER BAG.  She could have checked herself ON the BUS right after the game.

Who knows how long before 7pm she was HI, but at 9:45pm she was still HI on
her meter, By 11pm she was 518. She gave at least 25 units for corrections.
Did she bolus back the insulin she missed after she took her pump off for
the game?? NO.  (sigh) At least she didn't have ketones.

I suggested after the second HI that she should change her site, because
that might be the problem. But she knows better. "It's not the site, mom".

All this after the other day when, before gym, she was 250, didn't bolus
down for her high, took her pump off for an hour for gym (they had
swimming)and at lunch wondered why she was 432!!!

We had an appointment with her endo on Oct. 11, but they called and her
Endo, for some reason, isn't going to be there that day. So we have to
reschedule for Oct. 31 which is the first opening. I'm not sure i can wait
that long to bring her in.

Thank you for letting me vent here.

Deborah mom to Eve 15, and her pump Zoe
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99